Essential Cottage Information
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Arrival and departure day is shown on each of the property description pages. All properties are available from 4pm on the start day and should be vacated no later than 10am on the last day.
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at our properties have been temporarily revised:
These times supercede any previously indicated. Thank you for your understanding and help with this.
You will be given instructions as to key collection and we ask that you read and follow these instructions carefully to ensure there are no entry issues on arrival at your property.
We offer short breaks throughout the year for anything between 2 and 6 nights. Please see our Short Breaks page for more information. You will receive full details of arrival time, directions and key arrangements after you have paid the balance of the hire charge.
All bed linen and towels are included in the holiday cost.
A cot or high chair is only provided where mentioned in the property description but may be hired from a local company. Please call for details.
ELECTRICITY AND HEATING
Electricity and heating are always included in the cost of your holiday stay. However, in cottages where an open fire or woodburner is available for use, fuel may need to be purchased separately.
All our cottages are cleaned thoroughly between holidays. We would ask that you please leave the property and its contents clean and tidy.
Christmas and New Year bookings may start on a different changeover day to normal, depending on when they fall. Please note that short breaks are not normally available during Bank Holidays which includes both Christmas and New Year, although last minute short breaks are sometimes possible. Please ask the reservations team for more information.
ALTERATIONS TO BOOKINGS
We cannot accept a change of holiday property once we have received your deposit payment. It may be possible to change your holiday week providing you advise us not less than eight weeks prior to your original holiday start date. This is not always possible, although if we are able to rearrange this for you, a charge of £50 will be made to cover administration costs. No change of dates is operative until we receive written confirmation and the alteration fee.
Some properties have extra beds or sofa beds; the extra number of persons will be shown as + 1 or + 2. In no circumstances may more than the maximum numbers of persons indicated occupy a property (see our Booking Conditions page). In addition caravans, campervans and tents may not be parked or erected at the property without the owner’s consent.
Please take all your belongings with you. If, when you arrive home, you notice something missing; please let us know as soon as possible. We are happy to return items to you at cost with a minimum charge of £2.50 but, please note, items not claimed within 28 days will be disposed of.
- If you are unhappy with your booking or the way it has been handled, please inform us immediately.
- The contract is between you the Hirer, and the Homeowner, so if any problems arise during your stay, you should contact the person whose details are given on the paperwork who should put the matter right as soon as possible.
- If the matter is not resolved, let us know as soon as possible. Complaints not reported at the time cannot be entertained subsequently and it is regretted that no correspondence can be entered into in the case of complaints made after you return home when it will be appreciated that it is quite impossible for them to be effectively investigated.
- If you have an urgent problem, please contact the person whose details are given – it may be the Homeowner or keyholder. If you cannot contact the Homeowner or the keyholder, telephone our office on 01502 543133 during office hours; if this is not possible, then call our out-of-hours contact number (details will be given with final invoice and directions).
- Please leave a telephone number or location where you can be contacted.
- We will do all we can to rectify the matter – if we are unable to do this and, in our opinion, your complaint is justified, we will try to find alternative accommodation for you.
- This may involve an increase or decrease in your holiday cost, depending on the price category of the alternative property.
- It may not be possible to re-locate you in high season. In such cases, where you do not stay in your booked property, we will arrange a full reimbursement of the price paid.
- Our liability and that of the Homeowner is limited to the price you paid, except in the case of legal liability for personal damage or injury, for which purpose public liability insurance is carried by the Homeowner.
Many of the properties within this brochure are older cottages dating back to the last century or earlier. It is important to remember before booking your holiday in one of these properties that part of the charm of such properties are the characteristically low ceilings, doorways and beams. They often have steep and narrow stairs and because of low or sloping ceilings, may have limited clothes hanging facilities. Many were also built before the introduction of damp proof courses and cavity insulation. These points are particularly important to note if your party has any elderly or very young members. We feel that having made these points, however, that these are all aspects which add character and charm and would not hesitate to recommend them if these features are understood.
This information supersedes previous issues.