Southwold Arts Festival 2014
We love Southwold at any time of year, but now there’s a fantastic reason to visit us this springtime...
Our beloved and quintessentially English seaside town will be proudly hosting its very own arts festival in June 2014. The Southwold Arts Festival 2014 is the very first event of its kind and will take place in a number of different venues across town between 28th June – 5th July 2014.
This exciting Suffolk event will be officially opened by Emma Freud on Saturday 28th June when Southwold High Street will be transformed into a colourful street festival filled with musicians, performance artists, choirs and food stalls.
During the week, visitors will be treated to an eclectic programme of art exhibitions, photography, poetry, lectures, performance art, music and a special Festival Service at St Edmund’s church.
Festival highlights include a mini “Crime Writers Festival”, An Evening with Andrew Marr, The Operababes, the Festival Art Exhibition featuring works by Mary Gundry, Henry Davy, Thomas Smythe and more.
The Southwold Arts Festival is a not for profit organisation run by an enthusiastic team of volunteers.
We’re all looking forward to this week long celebration and hope you’ll join us here in Southwold.
- Programme: click here to view a sample programme.
- Venue: various venues including St Edmund's Hall, Buckenham Galleries, Southwold Scout Hall. View programme for further details.
- Accommodation: Southwold Lettings offer a range of self-catering cottages close to all of the festival sites. Visit our home page to search for accommodation or phone our friendly team.
- Festival dates: 28th June – 5th July 2014.
- Box Office: click here for box office details and opening times.