10 Things to do on your holiday this week
Week commencing Friday 26th July 2013
- Try out your best Captain Jack Straw impressions at the Southwold Pirate Party. Fun and frolics start at the Boating Lake on Sunday 28th July, 2pm.
- Grab a picnic and enjoy Music on The Green - a free live music event on South Green organised by the Sole Bay Lions Club. Commences 6.30ish on Saturday 27th July. Pimms Tent and BBQ. Free event but donations welcome!
- Hunt for a mini-beast! Any budding Richard Attenborough’s in your clan? Join the hunt for a variety of colourful damsels, dragons, crickets and butterflies at RSPB Minsmere’s family fun event on Saturday 27th July. Hunts start at 10am and 1.30pm each day. Don’t forget to take your clip board!
- Get lost in the Southwold Maize Maze! When you’ve finally found your way back to the start, there’s always the pedal-tractors, jumping pillow or sandpit to try out!
- Hunt down a one-off, retro bargain at the Vintage Soul Beach Hut Market at Southwold Boating Lake - weekends throughout July and August. When you’ve found the perfect piece, treat yourself to coffee and cake at the Pavilion or discover the Boating Lake’s nature island.
- Need a thrilling night out? Southwold Summer Theatre’s production of Dead Reckoning may be just the ticket. Eric Chappell’s thriller will be staged at St Edmund’s Hall until 3rd August.
- Dissect an owl pellet and discover exactly what it had for dinner! We’re not joking! Join RSPB Minsmere on Wednesday 31st July, 10-4pm, for this educational holiday activity!
- Fancy a bird’s eye view of our wonderful seaside town? Take a tour of the Lighthouse and gain a completely different perspective of Southwold. Run by the Southwold Millennium Foundation, tours will be running on Wednesday 31st July from 2-4pm.
- Grab some bacon, fishing line and a bucket and go crabbing in Walberswick! Just hop across the River Blyth via the rowing boat ferry and let the competition begin! Don’t forget to let the little critters go at the end of the day.
- Join the Knights and Princesses Academy at Suffolk’s beautiful, Framlingham Castle. Try on some armour, make a shield and join in with some medieval activities. The Academy runs until Friday 2nd August.