10 Great Things To Do in Southwold
Whether you’re on a romantic weekend for two or a fabulous family holiday, we’re sure you’ll find a wealth of things to see and do in our gorgeous seaside town. For starters, here’s our top 10 favourite things to do:-
- Discover the islands behind Southwold Boating Lake - the perfect place to enjoy a delicious cream tea whilst being surrounded by wildlife!
- Watch the “cheeky boys” drop their trousers on Southwold Pier’s Water Clock then simply stroll along the boardwalks and take in the sea air.
- Make your very own bottle of Gin at Adnams’ Copper House Distillery or simply join in one of the Sole Bay Brewery Tours.
- Enjoy good old fashioned fun as the mighty Wurlitzer appears up through the floor during The Electric Picture Palace’s intermission - when teas, cakes and the occasional sherry is served!
- Find out “Who Dunnit” on the self-guided Southwold Murder Mystery Walk.
- Count how many steps there are to the top during a tour of Southwold Lighthouse.
- Test your skills at one of Southwold’s Model Yacht Regattas. (The first regatta of the year usually takes place during the 2nd May bank holiday weekend).
- See how many different species of birds or wildlife you can spot during a walk through Walberswick’s National Nature Reserve.
- Pack up a picnic, head to Gun Hill and admire the view! When you’re in need of a stretch, simply take a stroll along the beautiful Blue Flag beach.
- Enjoy one of the many events and festivals throughout the year including classical music concerts at St Edmund’s Church, Way With Words Festival, Southwold’s Crime Writing Festival, Fair on the Green, Southwold Summer Theatre and the Southwold Arts Festival.
To experience your very own favourite things to do in Suffolk’s premier coastal town, simply click here to book your 2015 Southwold cottage holiday. With a choice of over 100 fabulous Southwold properties, we’re sure we can find you something that’s just right for you!